Tuesday, May 26, 2015

And the Liebster Award goes to.......

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Yay! I was nominated for the Liebster award!  What is this Liebster Award you ask? It’s an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers to help them grown and connect in the blogging community. I personally think this is an awesome idea, and I’m so excited to be a part of it!


I was nominated by Kathy over at MomWifeWoman and since Liebster means sweetest, kindest, lovely, valued, endearing, and welcome just to name a few, this makes me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy inside and I’m super thankful Kathy was nice enough to include me, and ask you go check out her blog!


ThEre are several variations of “The Rules” floating around for the Liebster award, but I’ve chosen to use these:


So here goes:

11 Questions to answer from Kathy at Mom Wife Woman
1.)    What is my greatest joy in life? 
-My daughter. Sometimes it still amazes me that I created this person and it’s amazing to see her grow up. She’s 9 now and she’s definitely become her own person and I’m so proud she’s mine!
          2.) Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old-self?
          -Just say no to credit cards!  I made some pretty unwise decisions with credit cards at 18 that still haunt me today. I would emphasize the importance of financial responsibility and how the decisions you make today, will impact your life for years to come.
3.)  What’s your favorite TV show?
          -I would have to say Gossip Girl.  I was so sad when it ended, but I can watch re-runs on Netflix and never get tired of them.
4.)  What are three things you cannot live without?
          -My cellphone would definitely be number one. It’s so much more than just a phone, I use it for practically everything!  My chapstick would probably be number two. Three would probably be my planner.  It helps keep me organized at work and keep track of important Dates.
5.)  Who is your favorite fictional character?
          -Ha, I’m watching Game of Thrones as I type this, so it’s only apt that my favorite fictional character right now is Arya. She’s shown a strength that is far beyond her years!
6.)  What is your most prized possession?
          -I’m not a hugely materialistic person, so I’m not sure I have one single prized possession. Probably the things I treasure most in life are my photo books and photo albums.  No material possession can top the memories contained in those books!

7.)  Describe yourself in three words.
          -determined, loyal, and caring.
8.)   What is your guiltiest pleasure?
          -eek! Probably smoking. I know, I know it’s horribly bad for me and I need to quit asap, but man, it’s still a guilty pleasure I enjoy! Don’t judge!
9.)   What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
          -Honesty.  Trust is paramount in ANY relationship and you can’t have trust without honesty. I would rather hear a little harsh honesty, than a pleasing lie any day of the week.
10.)   What’s your favorite post that you’ve written?
          -This one here:  It’s taken me 32+ years but I’ve finally started to figure out proper makeup application and I hope my post will help someone else! The biggest problem I’ve had finding good makeup tips is that a lot of the makeup and tools are WAY out of my budget, so I plan on focusing on budget friendly makeup!
11.)   The question is missing!

11 random facts about me
1.)     I have worked for the same company since I was 16 years old. My 17th anniversary is in November!
2.)   I won’t eat chicken on the bone. I love chicken…as long as there are no bones in sight!
3.)   I can’t wink. My family has gotten great enjoyment teasing me about this for years!
4.)   I love mountain dew. I pretty much drink it every.single.day.
5.)   I love to read and can finish a good book within a day.
6.)   I’ve never seen The Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.
7.)   My favorite ice cream is Birthday Cake Ice Cream
8.)   I only wear white tennis shoes
9.)   I hate skinny jeans, with a passion.
10.) I used to be a super coupon shopper, like get paid to shop coupon shopper!
11.)   I used to make & Sell boutique hair bows

Now I get to nominate 11 blogs:
          2.) Freebiester Amy
          3.) Mom and Daughter Duo
          4.) Snap, Crackle, and Kpop
          5.) FancyHunny’s Fab Finds
          6.) BWM Reviews
          7.) The Life of a Texxasgurl
          8.) Omaha Mom Reviews
          9.) Southern Mom Reviews and more
          10.) Nifty Thrifty Military Mommy
          11.) Take it or Leave it


My questions for you are:
1.      What makeup item can you not live without?
2.     Coke or Pepsi?
3.     What is your favorite recipe? (link, please!)
4.     What is your favorite blog? (link, please!)
5.     What movie are you most looking forward to this summer?
6.     Favorite item you’ve bought or received in the past month?
7.     Best 80’s song?
8.     What is the number one reason people should follow your blog??
9.     What is your favorite form of social media?
10.   What is your favorite book?
11.     you’re going to make cupcakes, what flavor will you make?


I hope everyone has as much fun with this as I did! I’m super excited to see everyone’s blog posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment