Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dress Shopping: Trip Three

So this trip was back to store #1...it was pretty much supposed to be me and  my bm, Amanda, going to check out the two dresses I liked from the first visit and get her opinion.  Oh and did I mention that Amanda had a super cool Iphone in which she may or may not have taken some discreet photos for yours truly! 
Unfortunately we did NOT get any pics of me in dress number one, which sucks b/c I can NOT commit to these flowers until I see a picture of them. I don't know why but it is super important to me to look at pictures of these dresses first.  To me photography is the MOST important part of a wedding, and I need to see what this dress is going to look like prior to paying a small fortune for it.
Dress #1 Revisited

So then I tried on Dress #2 again.  Remember this is the one my mom fell in lurrrve with, and I thought I did too!  So please tell me why I was so underwhelmed when I put this dress on?  I'll be honest, I'm wondering how much of my "tears of joy" the first time was more the feeling of being a bride, as opposed to the actual dress.

Front
Back
So I don't have a picture of the "mock" bustle, but it looks quite lovely bustled, which is super important b/c that's how you wear it a good majority of the time.  Honestly, I just feel like it's lacking something.  It is a very lovely dress, but I want it to be uh-mazing!  I want the boy to be astounded when he sees me, and I'm sure he'll love any dress I choose, but I want him to see me like he never has before, does that make sense?  

I suppose I should have mentioned this earlier, but the first time I went dress shopping I stuck to the under $650 range of dresses, I'm beginning to wonder if that's a pipe dream.  Why you ask??  Simply put, check out this beauty:

Wow, just wow.

It's a few sizes too small in case you didn't notice lol

I L-O-V-E this dress. I love the way I look, I love the way it makes me feel, simply put, it's uh-mazing!  So why oh why isn't this "THE" dress??  Because the mom doesn't love it.  She is hard-core set on dress #2.  Like to the point that she isn't even open to the idea of another dress.  So, at this point I guess I'll keep looking.

Even though I was over  the moon with above said dress, I still tried on this pretty lil'thing.


This one is obviously too big on me, but I love the top of it. Wanna see something incredible??



Yep.....these are the same freakin dress.  They look totally different to me, it took me forever to find the right dress on-line b/c they looked so frickin different!

So, this is where I am on the dress end of the wedding.  I have taken a hiatus of sort, b/c dress shopping should be fun, not stressful and I refuse to let it become a task or a chore. I've found some other amazing dresses and styles I like, but we shall save that for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment