Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dress Shopping: Trip One

I NEVER thought the dress would be one of the hardest decisions to make (so far.) We've got a lot of catching up to do, so let me share with you my dress shopping experiences so far!!

DEAR FIANCE, GO AWAY!!!!!

Ok, now that we have that out of the way!

The first time I went shopping was with my dear mother, my niece and bridesmaid Katy, and my little mini-me.

Surprisingly enough, my first time was NOT at David's Bridal.  I say this b/c I was certain it would be.  But being the absolute procrastinator that I am I had not set any appointments up even though I knew my mom and bm would be in town. Turns out you kinda need to have appointments! Thankfully I was able to call and get a walk-in at a local bridal salon.  

Oh, another fun fact I didn't know was a lot of bridal salons don't allow pictures. How lame is that??? So I tried on severalish dresses on this visit....but have no pictures of said dress.  It's ok...only two dresses stuck out to me on this day!

Choice Numero One:
This lovely picture is courtesy of www.edenbridals.com



I love love the neckline b/c it lays flat...which means my girls will stay right where they are supposed too!  Now here's the thing about this dress I have my concerns about the flower thingies in the tulle....am I going to look back in 10 years and say WTF was I thinking??  Oh, and this was a close-out, which means you pay a discounted price up front.  This pretty ran $500 pre-tax.


Choice Numero Two!
Thank you to www.davincibridal.com for this lovely pic!

The second time I put this dress back on we did the whole shoes, veil, headband, the works...and I proceeded to Totally freak my mom out by crying like a little girl.  So those tears must mean this is it right??? This is MY dress!!  Not so fast......this is way too big of a decision to make in one trip.

My mom was completely sold on this dress, she Lurvesss it.  But I really wanted to make sure it was "the one."  What can I say?  I've been like this since I was old enough to enjoy shopping.  I have to look at everything before I commit to a purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment